Ladies... I need your advice. I am looking for a great Womans Devotional for myself and want to know if anyone has one that they just love love love :)
Um, I just tried to post and something happened so I hope I'm not posting twice, but... I LOVE your blog! And I'm glad you asked about a devotional because I'd like to know of a good one as well. Sorry I'm no help!
I just finished a devotional book that was okay, but I felt like I needed something more. I found the One Year Praying Through the Bible devotional by Cheri Fuller. It's not just for women, but so far its been really great and I can really feel a difference in my life! Not to mention by the end of the year, you've read the Bible! I highly recommend it!
Just found your blog through Mrs. Stilettos and wanted to say hi! Love your blog! Wish I could help on a devotional but I have been looking for one too!!
I am trying to find one too. I'd love something that could get emailed to me every morning. Seen anything like that out there? I would especially love this with lent starting next week.
Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening" is the VERY best one I've found. We use it for our family devotions everyday; once in the morning and once in the evening. It's even available online!
My mother always gets a devotional for my sister and my Christmas stockings. This year we got "The One Year Women of the Bible" by Diane Neal Matthews and it is WONDERFUL. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/One-Year-Women-Bible-Books/dp/141431194X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236775765&sr=1-8
I'm a 23 year old Jersey Girl with a country heart. New to the real world, paying of the bills, and spending the left over money on my o-so-fab wardrobe! I'm super creative, and love to live in the moment. These thoughts, these feelings, these memories... They are all my own and this is their home... This is me.
"Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings" (Psalm 61:1-4)
No suggestions because I am looking for one, too! I hope you get some good suggestions!
ReplyDeleteUm, I just tried to post and something happened so I hope I'm not posting twice, but... I LOVE your blog! And I'm glad you asked about a devotional because I'd like to know of a good one as well. Sorry I'm no help!
ReplyDeleteYou are a good Girl. You will find that you like. I firmly believe this.
ReplyDeleteI'm doing Beth Moore's Esther study. I'm more than 1/2 way through and it's good.
ReplyDeleteI just finished a devotional book that was okay, but I felt like I needed something more. I found the One Year Praying Through the Bible devotional by Cheri Fuller. It's not just for women, but so far its been really great and I can really feel a difference in my life! Not to mention by the end of the year, you've read the Bible! I highly recommend it!
ReplyDeleteI've used Elisabeth Elliot's "Music of His Promises" and enjoyed it! A group of mine was going through "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Lee Demoss. =)
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog through Mrs. Stilettos and wanted to say hi! Love your blog! Wish I could help on a devotional but I have been looking for one too!!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through With This Ring, and wanted to throw out a recommendation or two.
ReplyDeleteA Place of Quiet Rest by Nacy Leigh DeMoss (ALL of her books are fantastic!)
Also, not a women's devotional, but my very favorite of all time is Charles Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening" year of devotions.
Sorry I have no advice, I'm reading through your comments trying to find a good one too! Ha! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to find one too. I'd love something that could get emailed to me every morning. Seen anything like that out there? I would especially love this with lent starting next week.
ReplyDeleteMy mom loves the new Beth Moore, Esther study. I did the David study and that was great too.
ReplyDeleteSpurgeon's "Morning and Evening" is the VERY best one I've found. We use it for our family devotions everyday; once in the morning and once in the evening. It's even available online!
ReplyDeleteWhich did you end up getting?
ReplyDeleteMy mother always gets a devotional for my sister and my Christmas stockings. This year we got "The One Year Women of the Bible" by Diane Neal Matthews and it is WONDERFUL. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/One-Year-Women-Bible-Books/dp/141431194X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236775765&sr=1-8
ReplyDeleteHave you read captivating? I'm sure you have. If not, that is a great book that also has a workbook. It's a VERY good book.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog today -- so cute! I'm using "The Tender Words of God" by Ann Spangler as my devotional. I highly recommend it.
ReplyDelete