“Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord.
For the husband is head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church….. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” - Ephesians 5:22-25
My inspiration for this post comes from Mrs. Stilettos. She posed the question earlier today on what women think of Paul's words from the Bible and I wanted to share an answer that I have been looking for for what seems like years now. It's a verse that I've heard growing up and something that I wonder about for my future. In just a few short hours, over 25 women responded to her question and I thought that one of the responses was perfect. It truly sums up the answers I was looking for...
For the husband is head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church….. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” - Ephesians 5:22-25
My inspiration for this post comes from Mrs. Stilettos. She posed the question earlier today on what women think of Paul's words from the Bible and I wanted to share an answer that I have been looking for for what seems like years now. It's a verse that I've heard growing up and something that I wonder about for my future. In just a few short hours, over 25 women responded to her question and I thought that one of the responses was perfect. It truly sums up the answers I was looking for...
On Your Mark. said...
"I am so glad you posed this question -- as it has taken me a long time to look at these words as being anything BUT submissive. I am now learning, how remarkable Paul's words really are. I do not look to this as being, men are in control. By Christ being the head of the church, I do not believe that to be a "control" thing. He is not an oppressive force in the Church. He loves the Church, cares for the Church, protects and respects the Church and all who call themselves Christians.
In the world today, people are so willing to jump to conclusions regarding this verse (and many others). I believe when you take a moment to read the words around verses, and to truly give your questions to God, it allows for a bit of clarity.
"I am so glad you posed this question -- as it has taken me a long time to look at these words as being anything BUT submissive. I am now learning, how remarkable Paul's words really are. I do not look to this as being, men are in control. By Christ being the head of the church, I do not believe that to be a "control" thing. He is not an oppressive force in the Church. He loves the Church, cares for the Church, protects and respects the Church and all who call themselves Christians.
In the world today, people are so willing to jump to conclusions regarding this verse (and many others). I believe when you take a moment to read the words around verses, and to truly give your questions to God, it allows for a bit of clarity.
A big thanks for Newlywed Stilettos for her post. If I am lucky enough to have a husband one day who loves, cares for, protects and respects me, I will be only grateful.
On another note: I've been reading lately! Shocker of the century let me tell you! And I wanted to know if anyone has read "Your Captivating Heart" by Stasi Eldredge or "The Sacred Romance" by Brent Curtis? I am looking for a good, single woman, faith based book.
On another note: I've been reading lately! Shocker of the century let me tell you! And I wanted to know if anyone has read "Your Captivating Heart" by Stasi Eldredge or "The Sacred Romance" by Brent Curtis? I am looking for a good, single woman, faith based book.
Suggestions Welcome!

What a great post!! I've read 'Your Captivating Heart' and really liked it - John and Stasi Eldredge are awesome writers. Have you read Redeeming Love??
ReplyDeleteOOOHH my goodness, if you haven't read Redeeming Love yet then I would HIGHLY recommend reading that ASAP. It is one of the best and most powerful books EVER!! Francine Rivers is THE BOMB! It's not a thin book by any means, but you get so indulged that I know tons of women who have read it in about three days. I'm excited for you! Let me know if you get to read it!
ReplyDelete