
So, I need some clarity here ladies. I have never been ok with just wondering...
Coffee dude had to take a "rain check" on our Thursday date last week because he works for an engineering company and a water main broke which kept him there till around 6pm. I had my baptism that night so it was probably a better idea that we didn't try and squeeze seeing each other in.
We talked Thursday night after my Baptism but Friday...Saturday... & Sunday I didn't hear from him. Now I know what everyone is thinking. That he was lying about the "broken water main", but I believe that I am a pretty good judge of character and my gut is 9 out of 10 times correct... and I believed him.
Anyway, I texted him yesterday to say Happy Easter and athat I hoped work didn't drain him too much and that everything was going well and never heard back from him... which isn't like him at all.
Side note: His grandpa just was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 weeks ago and when he went into surgery they found that the tumor was inoperable. Needless to say it's been rough on his family lately.
So what I am getting at is I am worried now. Or should I just let it go and surrender to the pathetic fact that it may just be that he's "just not that into me"?
Can the Coffee Dude or hold out for a few more days? And be honest... :)

I'd hold out for a few more days. As you said, his family is going through a lot right now with his grandpa and it was the Easter weekend so I'm sure he was trying to spend it with family.
ReplyDeleteHope it all works out! -Jenn
I say go with your gut, but don't ever sell yourself short. Know that it's okay to keep your options open should you meet someone else. Maybe he's really busy, or maybe he's not that into you. Hard to say, but three days is a long time to not call... Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGive it another week. If you do not hear anything from him by the end of this week, I would say it is time to move on. But don't call or text him. You made the last move, let him come to you now.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!
Don't can him just yet. He probably had a good reason for being MIA this weekend. At least wait a day or two!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh no idea!! I forgot how to date!! :( Good luck, I hope it turns out well....
ReplyDeleteI'd say give it a few more days but I agree with a previous comment to let him make the next move. He probably has been really busy with Easter and family issues but it's his turn to make contact now. And if it turns out he's just not that into you, he just wasn't the right one for you! :-)
ReplyDeleteWell, I wouldn't close the book on him-- there honestly could be lots of good reasons for why he hasn't been responding. But one of them could be that he really isn't that into you!(I hope thats not the case!). If it were me, I'd keep my options open and not get too attached to this guy for the time being.
ReplyDeleteI agree that you should wait for him to make the next move. It's very possible that he's just been dealing with a lot lately, but it is his turn to call you.
ReplyDeletePS-Congratulations on the Baptism!
I think you should wait a few more days and if you still dont hear from him, keep your options open. It could just be something like you said with his family. Don't get discouraged, just keep your head held high :)
ReplyDeleteIt's not terribly promising, but with what's going on with his family, it's understandable. Maybe contact him towards the end of this week and ask how his grandfather is/wish him well. If you don't hear back after that, then I guess his mind is otherwise occupied.
ReplyDeleteHold out for a few more days, but don't message him anymore. Be the silent wondering type. I hope that he is caught up with work or his grandpa, but if he is not taking a few seconds to at least message you back or let you know whats up, then I would let him go. None the less, give him a few more days just to see.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about all the tough times you and your family is going through right now. I will be sure to keep you and your grandfather in my prayers...
ReplyDeleteI say, go with your hunch, girl, and it usually serves you correctly :o)
ReplyDeleteDon't contact him. If a guy is interested & wants to hang out, he will make it his business to do that. Besides, do you really want to date a guy who breaks a date with you and then doesn't have the courtesy to follow up? It is not THAT hard to send a quick text back to someone within at least a days time (hello, manners!?). Seriously.
ReplyDeleteUmm..thats a tough one....I'd say hold out for a few more days and then if you still haven't herd from him..then maybe he wasn't that interested....I do hope it all works out though!!!
ReplyDeleteWait a bit, but dont text him...until he gets back to you. let him do the initiating, just you wait, dont get antsy like me!!haha
ReplyDelete