
Hmmm... where do I even start with this one.
At this point, I am sure all oh my fellow bloggers think I am bouncing from one guy to the next. The truth is that any guy that I've gone out with, has usually ended by the 2nd date. I am extremely picky, which I guess is good in some ways, but it can be very frustrating at times.
Sooo... I have stories :) Remember VA dude from last week? Let's just call him Michael, because you will definitely be hearing more of him.
Michael and I have continued to talk. I almost feel silly saying this, but we've spent hours every night on the phone together. Yup, just like a freshman in college.. on the phone until 3am. Each night we talk, I like him more and more. I have never met him (seen pictures) so it feels strange to have these feelings. I find myself with butterflies in my stomach every time we get off the phone after yet another amazing conversation.
I have never connected with a guy on every aspect of what I feel is important in a relationship. Even though we've only been talking for a week, things have become very real for the both of us.
I told him that I need to keep focused... that I need to make sure God is the center of this because it is so easy for me to push God into the background when everything is going well.
And you know what the little Nug said back.... "Can we pray about it together?"
CAN WE PRAY ABOUT IT TOGETHER, if you didn't read that correctly in the previous line. My mouth nearly dropped to the floor. I was in awe, literally. I'd never prayed with a guy before, so I was also a little nervous and he knew I was.
That night, he told me that he'd "take this one" and we layed there in bed, in different states, as I listened to him praying for us. To paraphrase, he prayed:
"Dear Heavenly Father, we just come before you tonight to thank you for everything that you've given us. For your forgiveness, for what you did on that cross so that we could meet you one day... for our jobs. I want to thank you for bringing Amanda into my life. Lord, we just pray tonight that whether this turns out that we are just friends or if it is more than that... we just want to invite you into this situation Lord... that You would be the center of it all. Help us to take the time to listen to what it is that you are trying to tell us. Lord, whatever your will is for us, help us to trust that You are in control of it all."
I cried, literally. It was probably one of the most intimate moments I have ever experienced. I wanted to stand up in my bed at the end of it and just shout, "YES!".. finally! It was amazing... I don't know what more I could say about it... I felt alive.
I will leave you with that for now :) Just know that I am all smiles. And I want to thank all of you ladies that have commented and supported me over the past few months.
No matter how this turns out... I feel truly blessed.
Oh! Oh! And.... Michael is coming up in 2 weeks for the weekend :) Yay.. I really could not be happier in this moment (well maybe if it was May 1st I would be)
And PLEASE show some love and welcome to the Blog World my dearest-of-all-dear friends Jaclyn @ For The Love of Shoes & Baby Blues

Wow, he sounds like a keeper!
ReplyDeleteUmmmmm, can we say keeper? How amazing is that, I'm excited for you, girl, because that is just plain awesome! To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a man who loves God and girl, that prayer was one defining moment!!! :O)
ReplyDeleteI GOT TEARS in my eyes! Im sooooo happy for you and SOOOO hope this works out, gah! it better work out! Thats it i want to go sign up to eHarmony! lol
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that has got to be the sweetest thing ever! I am so happy for you and it sounds like you have found yourself a keeper ;) Can't wait to hear all about your first meeting!! I bet you are on cloud 9!
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo exciting! I'm so happy for you. I got goosebumps just reading about your story....I can't imagine how you feel inside. Good luck and God bless!
ReplyDeleteWhat a picture perfect moment for you! He sounds like a dream! My heart is so happy for you!! I can't believe he is coming to see you!!! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteyou go girl!!! i'm so happy for you! he sounds like the real deal!!
ReplyDeleteHave faith, so that the criteria we have in life.
ReplyDeleteHealth informationHumor & Fun World
You sound just like me about a year and a half ago ;) ;)
ReplyDeleteHe sounds perfect. I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWow! He sounds AMAZING! Can't wait to hear how this weekend goes! I too am "talking" with someone long distance that I've never met. We were introduced via Facebook through a friend and have been talking everyday since! He's supposed to come visit me in Chi this month, or we're meeting in Nashville Memorial Day Weekend. I am excited and nervous about it. Everything is so fun and easy now, I just hope and pray that it gets even better after meeting! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!! Good for you, especially that you've been waiting for a guy that loves Christ. Good things definitely do come to those who wait.
ReplyDeletexoxo