4/23/09

Missing You...


Is it possible to miss someone you've never met before?

That has been the question of the day... well question of the week actually.

I am a smitten kitten and I'm not afraid to admit it :) We joke with each other about how this is crazy.... how we find ourselves missing each other all the time. I've had this goofy smile on my face for days. There is no doubt that he has my full attention.

I feel like I have so much to do and barely any time to get it done... Here's my checklist:

1. Manicure & pedicure
2. Eyebrows done
3. Highlights, haircut, blowout
4. Pick out 5 outfits for the weekend (cute outfits!)
5. Get your butt out & run!

PS - I cannot tell you how difficult it has been for me to find a cute dinner dress for next weekend! HELP!

So here is my question to you ladies...

I want to incorporate some sort of surprise for him that weekend. After talking about it with friends and family, so far we've come up with...

A simple card in his room when he checks in (I won't be able to meet him until a few hours after he checks in) that reads something like:

"Welcome to New York! I'm not under the bed... so don't bother looking. I've been anticipating this weekend for a while and I'm thrilled it's finally here. Unpack, relax, and I'll see you in a few! " (thanks to my bestest Jaclyn)

We've also thrown around the idea of having a few cupcakes delivered that would be waiting there with the card.

I am usually more creative than this, so I am a bit dissapointed in myself! PLEASE please... if you have any ideas... let me know :)

13 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog so I don't know the entire story yet :) If he's not from New York why not put a basket together for him with some things that are special/representative to NY. Like some chocolate from a well known candy store, or some type of dessert from a great bakery. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definetly think you should have something for him when he checks. Even if it is just a simple card. That is sure to make him feel special. But cup cakes, cookies or a small baskey are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card & cupcakes idea...it's simple & sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cupcakes so I am loving this idea!! He will pretty much love anything you do for him I have a feeling! Leave a sweet note and some sweets. After all, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of cupcakes or cookies and milk with a card when he checks in. Or even have a beer (or whatever he likes to drink) delivered once hes arrived to the hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound so excited and happy!! :) I love the idea of cupcakes and a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea, its simple and shows how sweet you are!=)...though you could do an apple instead in honor of "big apple" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cupcakes are from Crumbs! Those are the best, and could be the best surprise treat ever! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the Schumachers said, i don't know the whole story, but i can say that i do believe you can miss somone you've never met. I was in a relationship once with someone i've never met before ( i finally met him three months into it) and i missed him all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, this is the greatest story. Im married with 2 kids and I have been checking up on you and your story, its like one of my soap operas. Ive always wondered if "movie romance" is real, and this sounds like it!

    I think your treat and surprise is perfect. You dont want to go over the top and out do his surprise. Let him feel that hes special like your going to do but also let him make you feel super special like Im sure he has planned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang I think that already sounds pretty creative! I love that-- you are so sweet!

    Hey-- do you have a Forever21 nearby? If not go to their website. I ordered a dress from there on Saturday and it showed up during the middle of the week. they have CUTE stuff! (their online selection is way better than their in-store!)

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss someone and haven't ever met them either. I plan to this summer. I'm new to your blog but like it. I think you should do the simple card. You could also do a giant cookie that says welcome to NY or whatever you'd want it to say. Just my thoughts. I love the note your friend wrote. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails