4/16/09

He Nudged Me...


So Coffee Dude and I are a dunzo deal. I was actually bumming Monday and totally pulled the "poor me" card. I guess I was just thinking... when is it going to be my turn? All my friends are dating, all my siblings are dating. I am not a stage five clinger, I am not needy (I think?), I keep myself in shape, I am not a slob... I don't consider myself to be THAT bad of a catch.

So what is it then?

Most of you know if you've been reading my blog for a while now that I joined eHarm back in January. Met a few people through it but never went out with anyone. I've been so busy at work that I sort of stopped logging in. Monday after the whole Coffee Dude thing went bye bye, I got an email notification from a guy on eHarm saying that someone had "nudged" me. Haha, I guess since I didn't answer some of his questions in a few weeks it's sort of like "poking" ok facebook?

Anyway, I ended up answering them and we emailed a little bit that day. Talked online and through email again the next day and then last night we spent hours on the phone together!

He's 28, smart, a Christian(+1) :), great job, seems very selfless, oh! oh! AND he likes country music(+2)... here's the catch.... he lives in Virginia! Figures right? I think that was part of the reason I didn't answer him back in the first place. I just figured it was a done deal living so far away.

I told Mr. Craigslist about him and he answered with: "What the heck are you doing talking to a guy that lives in VA?" That sort of was a smack in the face.. because lets get serious.. he's right. Then again, I say to myself... I am picky, very picky... and yes there are guys in this area that I could go out with, but I am not interested in them. Why would I pass up an opportunity to meet new people, whether they turn out to just be a friend or something more... beggers can't be choosers right?!

Haha, I am kidding... I don't consider myself to be a begger by any means. I am just taking things day by day, no expectations.

I have no idea what could happen, but he is already talking about how we can definitely see each other if we want to bad enough. That he'd take the train up to NYC to see me or he'd just drive because he has family in NJ.

Why am I excited to meet this one?!

Here's an email I got from him this morning...

10am: Hey you... Did I mention how much I enjoyed talking to you last night?

11am: What are you thinking about? I find thinking about you has become a habit over the past few days, and talking to you as equally addicting. It's a good addiction
though... :)

10 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Keep talking to him if he makes you happy... you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! It's like our own episode of "days of our blogger lives"....hahaha, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say just go with it and see what happens. He sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satge 5 Clinger! LOL That movie is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! don't knock Mr. Virginia out of the picture yet! I mentioned before, I'm engaged to a man I met randomly online. I kept thinking "This is crazy. How could this seriously ever work out?"

    But let me tell you this: When it is the ONE. When you have met the person GOD wants you to be with--- one way or another it WILL work out. Things WILL fall into place. Plans will be made and they will follow through.
    That's why none of your relationships have been working out--- because they aren't the guy God has for you!

    Go for virginia if you want to! :)-- if he doesn't work out, then he's not good enough to be your hubby! (obviously, lol ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! He sounds like a sweetie! I love the emails...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say keep talking to him... I met my husband on Myspace and since you know no one in my family I can share that secret! I just made sure that the first time I met him, it was in a public place. But seriously you might as well see where it goes and enjoy the conversation, but be cautious because you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems sweet...miswell see where it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He definitely seems like one worth getting to know, whether he's in VA or not. Just see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails