5/7/09

National Day of Prayer



I remember growing up each year on the first Thursday of May, going into school early for the "prayer around the flagpole". This year, for my brother and sister who are still in school, that won't be happening.

Since 1988, every President has recognized this day. Obama signed the proclamation but will not be hosting any events at the White House this year. I guess Obama doesn’t see the need this year?

Right.

Really Obama, really?

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to hear about this...... I'm with you, really Obama??

    This really makes you begin to wonder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously wonder about the moral future of our country sometimes. I'm not super religious, but the "hush hush" attitude about religion really bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo Obama!!! Prayer is the most imporant thing the people of our country can do!!!! God only knows what Obama is going to do for the country...or not do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....what a shame. As a kid, that was something I loved to do. Such great memories. Sad to see he's taken that away from our youth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I had totally forgotten about Prayer Around the Flagpole!!! Those were some of the neatest memories from highschool, geeze I must be getting old.

    I think we all just need to prayer for God's hand to guide Obama, because he isn't doing that great of a job on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see what the deal is..just because he is not hosting anything does not mean he is not praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why did he even have to go there he could have just left well enough alone

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm with ya girl...prayer is what holds it all together.

    when you put God in the corner....watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just catching up on my reader... I totally agree... boo obama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails