7/16/09

What Are HIS Dreams For You?


So during the home stretch right before a Meeting is about to take place, my mind seems to not take the time to just shup off.

Has anyone ever felt like that?

I find that any song I hear in passing, sticks in my mind for a 30 minutes. And then I wonder, while in the super market... why the HECK am I singing this awful song and where did I hear this?!

I'm flying out to Seattle tomorrow for a Meeting I've been planning for months. First time out to Seattle, so I am excited! Not too excited about the 6 hour plane ride though. Someone shoot me in the foot please!

Next week I will be pulled in 1,247,348 directions and will probably lose a LOT of sleep, BUT... but!

This is what I L.O.V.E. This is my passion. Bringing to life an event, a wedding, a meeting... makes all the horrible songs that I get stuck in my head worth it.

On my way to work, I like to spend some QT with the Big Man upstairs. As I was driving, I stumbled upon the words coming out of my mouth without even thinking about the fact that I was saying them...

"Thank you God for letting me work in an environment where I can express the things that I love. Thank you for giving me a job that I truly enjoy coming to every morning."

My Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotional this morning talked all about finding out what the Lord had planned for your life when He created you.

Do you know what that is? If not, I encourage you to ask God what HIS dreams are for your life.

"Isn't it easy to completely neglect ourselves to meet the needs of everyone around us, and call it self-sacrifice? It sounds godly, but in doing so we risk shutting down a place in our soul where God's dreams and gifts are waiting to be revealed. It's not self-seeking but God-seeking to intentionally get to know and become the woman He created you to be.

Lord, I want to know the woman You had in mind when You created me. I don't want to grow old and never know Your purpose for my life. Show me your dreams for my life so I can offer what You want to give to those around me through my unique desires, personality strengths, spiritual gifts, abilities and experiences. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful observation!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Please come enter my giveaway! Ends 7/25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is out in Seattle today hope your visit is a good for you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing if you can love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is a GREAT. And I'm going to send this to a friend I know needs to hear this right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your views are absolutely divine and inspiring for others,me at least.Sometimes I do feel very depressed but next I feel low I will think abt God's purpose and hope to cheer myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great quote! You have no idea how much I needed to see that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think about this often...you have a very eloquent way of putting the thought into words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled upon your blog and I have to say that I absolutely love it! I can't wait to browse around. Great post with a great purpose!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, diggin ur blog
    Check out mine
    ForRealG.blogspot.com
    Follow me I follow u

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey wassup..im diggin ur blog..follow me on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails