It was the first weekend meeting his mom... clearly, I was a little on edge.
What was supposed to be an hour and 45 minute ride, took me over 3 hours, but seeing Michael at the end of that long drive was well worth the wait.
His poor mom made swordfish for us for dinner, not knowing that I don't like seafood. I managed! Phew!
We spent the evening talking about the two of us and how funny it is looking back how we met. Sometimes when we're laying around laughing, I'll turn to him and say..
"Babe... we met on eHarmony". We crack up! It's nice sometimes to think to yourself, this stuff actually WORKS!
Anyhoodle... back to the weekend. On Friday I got to meet his friend Ryan and his wife. We went out on their boat and docked in the bay and just hung out and had a few cocktails if you will :)
On the way onto the Long Beach Island on Saturday to go to the beach we passed 2 BEAUTIFUL yacht clubs. Funny thing is, since I am a Planner, I had written both of them down as potential venues for my sister to have her reception in.
You all HAVE to take a look....
Mallard Island Yacht Club
Bonnet Island Estate
There were weddings going on in both places that day so we couldn't get a peek inside!
The rest of the day we spent at his Aunt Ceil's and Uncle Ed's house. It was SO nice to meet some of his cousins and grandparents. I remember specifically walking into the kitchen to get a drink and the radio caught my ear. It was a Chris Tomlin song playing on their playlist. I just stood there and smiled. I cannot tell you enough how refreshing it is to hear songs like that freely played in another home other than mine. I remember times when I had other people over my house and would almost feel uncomfortable when my parents had Christian music on. This was nice... I felt home.
We watched the fireworks on the beach that night. Spent Sunday at the beach again... went out for a date night with just the 2 of us to The Plantation Restaurant where I had the BEST Pineapple Martini that I've E.V.E.R. had and played some miniature golf to end the night!
I regret to say that Michael won by 1 stroke. Sad Face.
PS - the poor kid... I harass him to take photos! Haha
Ok, that's enough photos for now. Michael is coming up on the train tomorrow, yay! I will check in Monday! Have a great weekend everyone!

Gorgeous pictures!!!
ReplyDeletecute pics!! i played some mini golf with the boyfriend myself this weekend :) it's always so fun. those clubs are gorgeous by the wayyyy. jealous of those weddings for sure.
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a great weekend! And adorable pictures!
ReplyDeleteAwww how exciting!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photos!! Sounds like a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteDid yall really meet on eHarmony? That's too cute :)
Soooo awesome!!! You two are killing me with your cuteness, haha!! :)
ReplyDelete