4/21/10

A Year Ago Today...


So I know I've been terrible at blogging.... but this morning I thought of all you followers and where my life is at right now and I figured I would post something.

This time a year ago... I was introducing you all to the new boy in my life. Michael.
This time a year ago... I was learning to love someone that loved the Lord like I do.
This time a year ago... I was smitten.
This time a year ago... I never thought I would be back in the same position.

Alone.

Now, I am not getting all sappy on you all, but it's hard to not think about how excited and happy I was back then and how things can just change so quickly. I was updating you with errands that needed to be run before Michael arrived into NYC for the weekend. The first weekend of May 2009 was one of the best weekends of my life. And I can still say that without hesitation today. Michael is a great guy, but I guess he is just not the "great guy" for me.

And I am ok with that.

I think I just struggle sometimes with having patience in meeting my "great guy". Hmph.

Still holding out for the right one...

7 comments:

  1. Amanda.... Just had to say it truly has been a pleasure getting to know you and so glad we got to meet. I know there is that "great guy" out there for both of us.

    Love you, girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's out there somewhere... although I wish both of our prince charmings would hurry up and find up already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will come! And it will blow your wildest dreams. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda...So, I wish you lived in Austin, bc we would sooo be friends!

    You are right, this time last year I too had a whirlwind romance -- an amazing man, Dan, was introduced into my world and it rocked me. I truly thought he was "the one"! Words coudln't capture my surprise and elation of this new exciting long distance love affair. We were together for exactly one year and just parted ways in March. It was the hardest thing ever and I too am surprised to find myself back where i was last year. But God is so faithful and I learned so much from that experience. I know He has the right one out there for both of us and it will be so right. God just wants us to trust Him in this uncertain season and embrace singleness and be a joy and blessing to all those we encounter! Stay strong girl! You are loved and adored by the only 1 who ultimately matters! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is crazy to look back and see what we were going through at a time. Just know that he must not have been "the one" for you. God has a perfect man He is still preparing for you. We must be patient! All things happen in HIS time if we seek Him.
    Stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard waiting on the right guy, but I have faith that it will be worth it when it happens. I read this book Choosing God's Best that allowed me a whole new perspective. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails