10/8/09

Making Your Prayers Come Alive


So it was funny... well not so funny, but kind of. Every morning on my way to work, I have a little chat with the Big Man upstairs. I've always wanted to be able to pray more elequently I guess you can say. So for the past 5 or 6 months, I've challenged myself to pray out loud in the car on the way to work.

And boy, is it a lot different then praying in your head! A lot of times, I find myself stuck saying "and ummmm, uhhh" and then I realize I've drifted off to wondering what I'm eating that day for lunch, or if I should workout after work. This morning was one of those days... my eyes were a little heavy, and I was thinking about the fact that I had just eaten cottage cheese for the first time for breakfast this morning (I tried my best to like it).

Needless to say, when I got into work this morning my Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotional Email popped up and there it was... "How Can I Make My Prayer Life Come Alive?".

Thank you Lord.

"Dear Lord, forgive me for always praying, God bless me. Give me the courage to sometimes pray, God inconvenience me... so that I might constantly be reminded to draw near to You. Interrupt me, Lord. Shake things up in me, Lord. Reveal what's in me that's not of You, Lord. Oh Lord, more than anything, I want more of You. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

I have also been slacking to say the least in my devotional life lately. Anyone have any ideas that may spark my interest?!? I've been reading Daisy Chain by Mary Demuth but it hasn't sucked me in yet and I'm 100+ pages into it. No excuses... I know!
I want to end this post with a song that has been touching my heart for weeks now. We sing this in my church and I am brought to tears almost every time. May we remember the ultimate sacrifice that our Lord made for us each and every day.

3 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try that..praying out loud of the way to work. I have a little drive that will be perfect for clearing my head. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you and I are sooo alike in more ways than one!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails